I also got some new weaving cards today! I ordered these from Palmer Looms, and I love them! They are a little smaller than the cards I got from John Mullarkey, and they have not only letters (on front and back of the cards!) but they also have different colors on each edge.
Monday, October 16, 2017
Next project
I started a new tablet weaving project today, learning as I go. This is my first attempt at continuous warping, and my first attempt at an Egyptian Diagonals pattern. This is the first pattern from John Mullarkey's "Egyptian Diagonals" book, and I am doing this on my inkle loom, in navy and white #10 crochet cotton. This is supposed to end up as a lanyard for hubby's work ID.
I managed the warping with only one minor error. (I included one empty round of all four threads, where I had not dropped a card. I had to cut the threads and tie them off.) I am using a knitting counter to keep track of which row I'm on in the weaving pattern; it has a 20-row repeat. There are 10 different rows, and each row is done twice.
I also got some new weaving cards today! I ordered these from Palmer Looms, and I love them! They are a little smaller than the cards I got from John Mullarkey, and they have not only letters (on front and back of the cards!) but they also have different colors on each edge.
I also got some new weaving cards today! I ordered these from Palmer Looms, and I love them! They are a little smaller than the cards I got from John Mullarkey, and they have not only letters (on front and back of the cards!) but they also have different colors on each edge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.