Friday, January 15, 2016

Another finish

It took a couple of days for my recent works to dry after being washed!  The first is these two skeins of Jacob.  What a lofty, squishy wool!  I love this stuff!  


I have one skein at 270 yds, 5.4 oz (153 gr) and one at 330 yds, 6.1 oz (175 gr) so about 600 yds, 11.5 oz.  I took a close-up to try to capture the rich color.  Still didn't quite manage, but it's closer.


I also washed up a bag of Polwarth I got at the Jan 3 St Distaff Day spinning event I attended.  This was in the silent auction, and my initial bid of $5.00 won it.  Nobody else wanted it, apparently.  (There was a lot of awesome stuff there, to be sure!)


It started out as just over 7 oz.  I washed it, and it took two days to dry.  I finally resorted to drying it in my oven (gas range with pilot light, the oven stays at a consistent 100 degrees or so).   The finished wool weighs in at 4.91 oz (139.6 gr).  It lost about 28% of its weight, in grease and dirt, after washing.  I love the colors in this little batch of wool!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.