I finished blocks 11 & 12 for the Bear's Paw sampler! That's all the blocks. Next up will be completing the sashing (connecting all the blocks together) and doing the piano key border, as in the picture.
I also made tremendous progress on the Susan's Folly quilt! I got all the sashing attached, put the blocks together into rows, and sewed the rows together.
I've been working on quilting the Irish Chain that's on the frame. I'm so close to being finished! I have about a foot and a half of the bottom left corner remaining. Hopefully I will be able to finish that this week, and get started on a binding. Then I need to work very hard to try to remove stains that have been setting on this one for literally years. I may try an all-fabric bleach, or an ox-clean product, and I will be bringing it to a commercial laundromat to wash in a big machine and very hot water. Hoping it gets clean enough to gift to its original intended recipient.
I've made some progress on my Gina House shawl as well. I'm almost ready to place the next set of markers, which will be at 25 stitches on either side of the original 25 for each quadrant of the shawl. Then I need to do another 25 on each side before starting the lace portion. I really like the construction of this shawl.
I also got a new tatting shuttle, for the first time in years. This is a shuttle that uses a bobbin. It's called a GR-8 shuttle. I've known about the GR-8 wooden shuttles for a long time, but they were always too expensive for me to justify. This one is acrylic. It's also a lot smaller than I thought it would be! That should not affect the functionality, however, and it is purple after all! I took a couple of pictures to show the size. In one, it is pictured next to my purple Aerlit shuttle (same size as a Pony or Aero shuttle, for tatters familiar with those).
I have a couple of baby quilts ready to go on the quilting machine next, and I have two other BOMs (started, but little progress made) ready to work on when Susan's Folly and Bear's Paw tops are done. I'm also still continuing to backstitch the Christmas applique blocks that I'm prepping.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.