Saturday, November 11, 2017

Very busy weekend!

I have finished a couple of things this weekend!

I finished the tablet-woven lanyard that was on my inkle loom, and even sewed it up into a lanyard.  This will be for hubby's work ID.



I also finished the bumbaret towels on the counterbalance loom!


Those still need to be cut apart and hemmed, then washed and dried.

I had promised hubby that I would finish the towels, and then move the counterbalance loom from our bedroom upstairs, to the basement.  Once I cut the towels off the loom, I proceeded to do just that.  I disassembled the loom and carried it downstairs (I think it took 6 trips, up and down two flights of stairs each time), then reassembled it in the space I spent last week clearing out.



This evening I spent a couple of hours after dinner warping up for my next tablet weaving project.  This is from a book called First Steps in Tablet Weaving by Marijke Van Epen.  I'm using my tablet loom for this project, and I'm hoping to make these into holiday headbands when I'm done.



It took me a few tries to get the pattern right, but I think I have the hang of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment