Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas projects progression

I am making progress on my projects!  Not as much as I'd like, of course, because things like household chores and grocery shopping get in the way.  Nevertheless, there has been some knitting and some weaving.

I'm making progress on the elephant hat!  I think there are only 4 or 5 pattern rows left.


After that one I'll be starting the Panda hat.  I have already picked up yarn for that one; just need to make sure I have the right size needles, in a 16-inch.

I started weaving.  My dad asked me if it's something for him.  I told him, if he likes it, it could be for him! Of course, right after I started weaving it I found a threading error.  There was one thread that went through a heddle that should not have been heddled.  I fixed it, changed the thread path, and hopefully that will be the end of it.


If you look closely, the light color on the left of center appears uneven compared to the light color on the right side of center.


Now I'm just working on making the weaving and changing of the sheds a little more smooth and easy - especially as I have at least 2 more of these planned!  I think the selvedges look good, with the exception of one small spot on the left-hand side about a third of the way up in the above photo.

I have also found some absolutely fascinating tablet weaving designs that I may have to try!  Two of them look like little trees!  I'm wondering if I should warp up my Structo loom for card weaving.  I could remove the reed and beater bar (it just lifts out) and move the heddles to the sides, then warp through the center.  I think I'm going to be going out shopping for something like crochet threads or perle cotton hanks sometime very soon.  At least it's far more interesting than grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment