Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A new finish, a new start

I've made some progress over the last week or so...

I finished these slippers for my niece.  This was a free Drops pattern, and was the most convoluted, annoying, screwy thing I have ever tried to figure out!  I ended up trying several different versions, and finally did a generic top-down sock pattern (modified for use with bulky yarn) with some modifications for the top of the boot.


The green sweater for the baby is finished, except for sewing up the hood, running in the ends, and sewing on the buttons.  I made it longer than the pattern specified, so I will have to return to the yarn shop for one more button.  Are these not adorable buttons?



And my new start is a Wallaby, in a size 4, using Encore Colorspun in a blue and green colorway.


I have a good start on it so far.  I've gotten through 2" of ribbing, and have started on the body of the sweater.  This goes for 4" before picking up for the "pouch" (pocket) of the sweater.  I don't know yet if I'll do a hood or not - I'll have to wait and see how much yarn I have left by the time I get to the collar-or-hood part.


Sunday, March 22, 2015

Import from my previous blog

Porting this over from my previous Typepad account.  I got tired of paying for it.  I can do other things with that money.

If you're looking for older posts, the old blog is at http://fiberarts.typepad.com.